Kamloops Fire Rescue Furnace Inspection Contest Winner
Congratulations to Arlene Deschutter-Huska of Kamloops. She has won a free furnace service from Interior Plumbing & Heating Ltd. for liking the Kamloops Fire Rescue Facebook page during the Kamloops Fire and Safety Facebook contest.
Kamloops Fire Rescue ran a 21 point service inspection contest on January 26th, 2016 to help raise awareness about the silent killer, carbon monoxide.
Carbon Monoxide is a gass that you can't smell, see, or taste, and can have effects simillar to the flu. That's why it is important to have CO alarms on every floor or your home.
Not only did Kamloops Fire Rescue team up with IPH to deliver a 21 point inspection service, but they also teamed up with Kidde Fire Safety to provide CO and smoke combination alarms for each floor, bedroom, and interconnected areas of your home.
To help prevent Carbon Monoxide poisoning, you should have your fuel appliances and chimneys inspected yearly by a qualified service technician.
Checking your furnace filters regulary also helps to make sure the components of your furnace do not get overworked due to poor air flow.
You can read more about the contest here: https://www.facebook.com/KamloopsFireRescue/posts/1077723855605311
Make sure to follow us on Facebook so you don’t miss out on offers and contests that are exclusive to our Facebook page
Posted on March 9th 2016
Last updated on March 9th 2016